What will President Elect Trump do with Obamacare?
Over the past few weeks, I have been asked numerous times:
What will president elect Trump do with Obamacare? Will it be repealed? replaced?
It’s hard to say for now.
From what I have read, there seems to be a few items that have been mentioned more than once.
- Permit children to remain on their parent’s coverage until age 26
- Remove the individual mandate requirement
- Require insurers to accept applicants with no pre-existing condition restrictions
- Allow the purchase of insurance across state lines
- Large employers (50 or more equivalent full-time employees) will not be required to provide coverage and no tax penalty will apply.
The next few months will provide much needed guidance as to the future of our healthcare system.